Visit an Invisalign Dentist to Straighten Your Teeth
Invisalign® is the modern approach to straightening teeth by using a series of custom, clear aligners for you. These aligners are comfortable and virtually invisible, which implies that you can straighten your teeth without anyone noticing the treatment. Over time, the aligners will begin to shift your teeth based on the plan created by your dentist. No metal brackets and no rubberbands are needed!
How Invisalign Works
The Invisalign System uses a combination of advanced 3D models and a century-worth of orthodontics knowledge. The system uses clear aligners that are custom-made to fit your teeth perfectly.
Your first step should be visiting Great Grins Dental in Austin to discuss with Dr. Shaw whether Invisalign is right for your case.
Dr. Shaw will then take impressions of your teeth and bite registrations and send precise treatment instructions to the Invisalign laboratory, which then uses advanced computer technology to translate the instructions into a series of finely calibrated aligners that range from 12 to 48 depending on the severity of your case of malocclusion.
You wear each set of custom aligners full-time for approximately two weeks, every day. You remove them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. By wearing the aligners for a minimum of 20 hours a day, they work just as effectively as traditional braces to gradually move your teeth each week. Dr. Shaw will schedule an appointment every 4-6 weeks to assess the progress of your teeth straightening treatment.
The number of aligners needed to complete Invisalign treatment ranges from 12 to 48. This means that the average treatment time is 9 to 15 months, though it can take as little as 6 months or as long as 22 months.
$750 OFF Invisalign® Treatment
Please call our office for more information. 512.346.1900.
Who Needs Invisalign Treatment?
The Invisalign system has been clinically proven to be effective for the treatment of mild to severe teeth straightening issues, provided it is performed by an experienced Invisalign specialist.
Dr. Shaw may recommend Invisalign for the treatment of:
- Underbite - It prevents the conventional function of your front teeth and molars, increasing the risk of irregular damage. It may also lead to painful jaw joint problems.
- Open bite - Sometimes results in poor chewing ability, which may be painful at times. It may also cause speech impairment and Temporomandibular joint disorder (also referred to as TMJ)
- Crossbite - Occurs when one or more upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. This increase the risk of tooth wear, gum disease, and bone loss
- Gapped teeth - Spaces between your teeth expose the gums to a variety of problems, including gum pockets and periodontal disease.
- Deep bite - This can lead to a number of problems including lower teeth wear, gum irritation and related problems, and painful jaw joint issues.
These problems not only affect the beauty of your smile, but also put your mouth at risk of complications such as gum disease, tooth decay, and jaw problems.
Invisalign for Teens »
Why Do I Need to Straighten My Teeth?
- Healthier teeth and gums: Crowding and spacing can lead to more inflamed gums due to an increased difficulty in cleaning.
- Easier cleaning: Easier access to the gums allows for decreased plaque. Less plaque creates less inflammation and a decreased risk for periodontal disease and decay.
- Better overall oral health: Your mouth is the opening to the rest of your body. A cleaner mouth leads to a healthier body.
Can Anyone Use Invisalign?
Ask Dr. Shaw and see if Invisalign is a good fit for you! Visit Great Grins Dental in Austin for thorough assessment to determine the best treatment for your case.